I am SPM 2010 leavers and got straight A’s and was offered scholarship by MARA. I applied for Islamic Banking(which is very demanded right now), yet MARA still gave me scholarship to do medicine in overseas. About the parents, of course they wanted me to just take the scholarship and do the medicine. But I had become a pessimist with doctors since I am in form 4. For me, why all the top students wants to do medicine anyway? I am an SBP students. And when I asked my friends, almost 70% of them wants to become a doctor. I know they are smart. But IQ alone isn’t enough to become a doctor.
When I promoted your articles to them, they think I am jealous of them and tried to provoke them. Man, I’m also was offered to do medicine in overseas. Why should I be jealous to them?
And many of them doesn’t really have the passion to do medics anyway. Most of the SBP students wants to do medicine because of they are SMART. Yeah, this is the most relevant reason. And, doctors is the most prestige job ever for us, the straight A’s. I mean, did you ever seen the straight A’s take so-called-low courses like hotel management? None, right?? Talking about ego and proud.
Sometimes this so-called-low courses that become the money-maker right now.
A doctor once said to me,
” A smart one does not become a doctor. A smart one do business and they succeed and become rich. That’s the smart one.”
Like you had said before, at the end, we all talk about money. And doctors not supposed to be a money-maker carrier.
The message I want to give to the people out there, you don’t have to do medics just because you are smart. If you are smart, you will succeed in any fields anyway.
Well Said! I would blame the education system as our education system do not expose the students to the various opportunities that lies ahead. Many students only knows about doctor, engineer and lawyer! That’s all. As you said, all top students only wants to become a doctor because they think that that is the highest job for their intelligency but I can prove them wrong. It is all about money and prestige, that’s it. I am sure many of them will only realise what medicine is all about after they graduate.
MARA has another perculiar way of giving scholarship. I was told that MARA will decide for the students on what they should do. Even for medicine, the drop out rate for MARA sponsored students worldwide is about 30%!!
I think you should procede with “Islamic banking” as the money now is in this sectors. Actuarist, finance and network engineers are hot in demand nowadays
MARA has another perculiar way of giving scholarship. I was told that MARA will decide for the students on what they should do. Even for medicine, the drop out rate for MARA sponsored students worldwide is about 30%!!
I think you should procede with “Islamic banking” as the money now is in this sectors. Actuarist, finance and network engineers are hot in demand nowadays
---
Well said. In times like these, reading such comments (abt Perdana's RCSI Programme) makes me think twice about what I really want. As for now, I might not have to decide, but there may come a time when I have to. May. I don't even know what's best for me anymore these days. It makes me boil with rage whenever I heard snide remarks about what I'm about to embark on. Yet, I am as confused as a child.
The Mader says "Stop listening to what everyone's saying and what others tell you each time! Someone tells you this, you listen and then you follow. Someone else comes along and tell you another and you start to waver!"
Hypocrite. I think she's just the same as I am.
In the end, I can only listen to her and no one else.

No comments:
Post a Comment